Jun 16, 2008

Commish Hobnobs With League Namesake

Among my many responsibilities as commissioner, I must on occasion represent Griffey League at various community functions. For example, I helped promote league namesake Ken Griffey Jr.'s charity vintage yesterday at a wine tasting after the Reds loss to the Red Sox.* We discussed the amazingly tight division races in both the AL and NL West and Kevin Knott's case for MVP, among other league business.

*Actually, my wife got me tickets to the game for Father's Day and I scored an invite to the wine-tasting through work. I did not, in fact, discuss anything baseball-related – real, fake or otherwise – with Junior. We just chatted briefly about our kids, which was pretty cool.

2 comments:

bajoraa said...

Keep up the good work Commish. We appreciate the sacrifices you make for the benefit of the league.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, Travis is Greg Maddux??